We’ll go ahead and start this post with the about section on (TTOO) T2 Biosystems stock. Many readers are likely to be unfamiliar with them. After all, it’s worth knowing at least a little about the company you might throw many at, right?
As always, courtesy of RobinHood-
“T2 Biosystems, Inc. engages in the development of proprietary technology platform. It offers the T2 Magnetic Resonance technology, which enables rapid detection of pathogens, biomarkers and other abnormalities in a variety of unpurified patient sample types. It products include T2Bacteria Panel, T2Candida Panel, T2Dx Instrument, AND T2MR Technology. The company was founded by Michael J. Cima, Robert S. Langer Jr., Tyler Jacks, Lee Josephson, W. David Lee, and Ralph Weissleder on April 27, 2006 and is headquartered in Lexington, MA.”
So yeah. Very sciencey. Here’s the good part though.
T2 Biosystems Q3 Earnings And Announcements Are VERY Slept On
“Third Quarter Financial Performance Highlights:
- Reported third quarter total revenue of $1.6 million.
- Reported third quarter product revenue of $1.4 million, up 17% year-over-year.
- Secured contracts for 12 T2Dx Instruments in the third quarter, 5 in the United States and 7 outside the United States, compared to a total of 11 new contracts in the third quarter of 2018. The third quarter 2019 new T2Dx Instrument total included 5 instruments associated with the new government contract which commenced in September.
Third Quarter Business Highlights:
- Enhanced reimbursement for testing via approval for a New Technology Add-on Payment (NTAP) by the United States Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for fiscal year 2020 (starting October 1, 2019).
- Awarded multi-million dollar government contract that will enable a significant expansion of the Company’s current portfolio of diagnostics for the detection of sepsis-causing pathogens, antibiotic-resistance genes, and biothreat pathogens and toxin genes.
- Awarded Breakthrough Technology contract with Premier Inc., granting direct access to its membership of more than 4,000 U.S. hospitals and health systems, supporting the Company’s commercial efforts to drive adoption and utilization of the T2Bacteria and T2Candida Panels.”
Source – GlobeNewsWire
T2 Biosystems stock price was GROOVIN in September. TTOO stock was just under $3 a share. An increase in revenue from the previous year, as well as an increase in contracts. Both with the United States and International.
The good times only rolled so long and pretty soon TTOO stock had fallen to around 1.20 a share.
Still, they found their footing just above $1 and floated there for months. Then COVID-19 came along. T2 Biosystems stock plummeted as all the others did.
Why Would This Company Bounce Back?
I wish I had data to support this. I don’t. You’ll have to just trust me.
T2 Biosystems ALWAYS finds a way.
I have been following these guys for over 5 years. I short sold them when they were trading at $16 per share. Point is, I’ve done my research. The company is scrappy.
At a dollar a share I would say it’s a great price. They will always find a way to stay above a dollar. But at .50 cents a share? It’s a no brainer. You will double your money.
No if, and, buts about it. T2 Biosystems stock ALWAYS finds a way to get back to a dollar. So I recommend buying them right now. TTOO will be over a dollar by mid-June. Not a doubt in my mind.